Less known facts about Hubble Telescope :
- It takes the Hubble telescope about 97 minutes to complete an orbit of the Earth.
- On average, the Hubble uses the equivilent amount of energy as 30 household light bulbs to complete an orbit.
- Believe it or not, but a solid gold pin is attached to the floating space observatory to help anchor the telescope in the space shuttle's cargo bay.
- The farthest objects Hubble has seen are Galaxies forming when the universe, whichformed about 13.7 billion years ago, was about 700 million years old.
- According to all-inclusive estimates, NASA has spent around $10 billion to build, launch, operate and service the telescope over the past 19 years.