BRAIN FACTS, Take a bit time and amaze yourself about your brain!!!
* Einstein’s brain was similar in size to other humans except in the region that is responsible for math and spatial perception. In that region, his brain was 35% wider than average.
* Your brain consists of about 100 billion neurons.
* There are no pain receptors in the brain, so the brain can feel no pain.
* There are 100,000 mi...les of blood vessels in the brain.
* Your brain stopped growing at age 18.
* Reading aloud and talking often to a young child promotes brain development
* Studies have shown that child abuse can inhibit development of the brain and can permanently affect brain development
* Information can be processed as slowly as 0.5 meters/sec or as fast as 120 meters/sec (about 268 miles/hr).
* It is thought that a yawn works to send more oxygen to the brain, therefore working to cool it down and wake it up.
* You can’t tickle yourself because your brain distinguished between unexpected external touch and your own touch.
* Scientists have discovered that men and women’s brains react differently to pain, which explains why they may perceive or discuss pain differently.
* Women tend to take longer to make a decision, but are more likely to stick with the decision, compared to men, who are more likely to change their mind after making a decision.